To start using your Canon printer the user need to install it in their Windows device. Connecting a printer doesn’t need your much efforts and time. It is a simple task which the user can complete in just a few minutes. Here in this blog, we are going to discuss how you can add the printer to your Windows 10 system. If you are using any other Windows version then take help for the same from our techies of Canon Printer Support Team in UK. There are three different ways to connect a printer to the PC which is explained below.
Steps to Add a Local Printer Through USB Cable:
- Use a USB cable to connect your Printer and computer.
- Turn them on.
- Go to your computer’s START menu and click the Settings app.
- Now go to Devices and then click “Add a printer or scanner”.
- Mostly Windows detect your printer, in that case, click on the name of the printer and follow the onscreen instructions.
Note: In case, your Windows doesn’t detect the printer then click “The Printer that I want isn’t” listed link. This will let Windows troubleshoot guide to help you find the available printer and download a driver for it. You can even download and install your Canon printer driver from Canon official website.
Procedure to Add a Wireless Printer
The advanced model of your Canon printer can detect your network and automate the installation.
- From your printer’s LCD panel, click on the Wireless Setup.
- Then select your Wi-Fi network and then enter your password.
If you run into trouble while connected your wireless printer then you need to connect with our technicians on Canon Printer Contact Number UK.
Guidelines for Adding a Shared Printer
There is a Home networking feature of Windows which is known as HomeGroup. HomeGroup automatically shares the printer and certain files with other computers on the same network. Here we will learn how to set up a HomeGroup.
- Right-click the wireless icon from the taskbar and select “Open Network and Sharing Center”.
- Then click on “Ready to Create” which is next to HomeGroup. (If HomeGroup is already there in your network then it will say Joined.)
- After this, click on the “Create a Homepage” button and then click Next.
- Select what you want to be shared. (By default printers and devices are shared)
- Note down your HomeGroup password for later user. This password is needed for each computer you want to add in HomeGroup.
- Finally, click Finish.
To connect the shared printer with HomeGroup you will need expert assistance and that can be accessed on our helpline number 24/7.