When you try to print from your Canon Printer, it doesn’t print anything; instead, it shows “Driver is Unavailable” error as printer status. Your printer software is available in Devices and Printers in Control Panel. There are two reasons behind this error, either you are using an outdated version of your printer driver or a wrong driver or your Windows version need to be updated. As per the main cause of the issue, we have provided you the solutions for both.
Method 1: Reinstall Your Canon Printer Driver
A corrupt, outdated or incompatible printer driver can cause “Driver is unavailable” error. To install a correct printer driver first, you need to uninstall the present driver. Follow these steps:
- Open Run dialog box by pressing Windows + R key.
- Type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
- Right-click your printer driver and click Uninstall device.
Now to download the correct printer driver, follow the given instructions:
- Open Canon official website and go to driver download page which will be under the Support section.
- Enter your printer model and then download the latest driver for your Windows version.
You can also use Driver Easy tool to automatically resolve all sorts of driver related issue. Learn more about this tool and its usage from our Canon experts who are available at Canon Printer Support Number UK.
Method 2: Install Windows Update
If the above method didn’t work for you then you must try updating your Windows operating system. Mostly, Windows get automatically updated but if your Automatic Update is not turned on then you can manually update it by following the steps given here.
- Open Start button and type update in the search box.
- Then click on Check for Updates.
- Windows will start installing updates automatically.
- Restart your computer once your Windows finishes with the update.
The above steps are applicable for Windows 10 only if you use Windows 7 then follow the steps below:
- Repeat the first two steps and then click Install Updates.
- Windows will start installing for updates.
- Once it is done, and then restart your computer.
You can try the given solutions to fix Drive unavailable issue, but in case, you need further guidance any other sort of support for your Canon Printer then call us at Canon Printer Help Number UK @ 0808-169-1989 (Toll-Free). There is nothing that our customer care executives cannot help you with.